Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #38: Mid Century Woman's Day Magazine

Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!

This is where bloggers and sellers who LOVE vintage get together and share their latest finds, wares, vintage projects, and more!

This week I'm taking a look back at Woman's Day magazine... .specifically the year of 1949.


I love the covers... they are so true to the time period.


Babies and cuddly animals!



A win./win still to this day and time.




Advertisements were geared toward women, who stayed home, took care of the children, and cleaned the house.

Some of that has changed. But, some has not. After all, we are much more modern than that, aren't we? Blogging and using all of this technology? Maybe I should be blogging less and cleaning my house more!

That's a debate for another day.

************************************************

I'm leaving you with one of my favorite finds ... perfect for July 4th! A "Loose Wiles Biscuit Co." Tin.



Due to the holiday, I will not have any features this week... but promise to have double  next week!

Happy Independence Day!

Now it's your turn!

Let's Talk Vintage!

12 comments:

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Those covers are priceless and so charming. Love your tin too. Thanks so much for hosting the party!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Wonderful Vintage Images today!! Thanks for hosting!!

hugs,
Deb

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, thanks for hosting. I generally don't collect a lot of ephemera, but I do have a few magazines from my favorite era, Art Deco (20s and 30s). Have a great week/weekend. God Bless America!
Rita

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I just love this linky party. Thank you for hosting. Jo

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Always a treat to see those vintage magazine covers. Thank you for hosting Lets Talk Vikntage 38. Have a wonderful 4th.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I love these magazines -- a much simpler time. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful holiday!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jillian,
Those vintage magazine covers are adorable, and that washing machine, that's a hoot!
Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful July 4th weekend.
Gina

Diana said...

Love those Women's Day magazines, Jill! I so enjoy looking through them and appreciating a different way of life. Thanks so much for hosting!

rush said...

My one grandma had that Speed Queen wringer washer. It was kept in the kitchen, close to a water source. She had only cold water, but heated some on the stove when she did laundry. She only had a toilet — no tub or shower. She bathed in a wash tub. She did have a small refrigerator. When the machine broke down, she bought another just like it. When my dad was young, he got his arm caught in it. He had stretch marks around his arm pit area where it had tugged until it was turned off. Whew! Her house was very small. It was very old, oddly configured, and I seriously doubt she had enough amps to run anything more than that. Of course, she always hung up her clothes to dry, too. No room for a dryer. Grandma lived simply.

Deanies Stash said...

I love looking at vintage magazines. Have a Happy and safe 4th of July!

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian, thanks so much for hosting ~ LOVE the magazine covers!

Sandi Magle said...

Loved your magazines, I remember the outhouse at my parents cabin---filled with these from the 1940s.