Wednesday, February 1, 2017

It's Hard to Say Goodbye

 
Miss Minnie
 
1996 - 2017
 
 
Dear Friends -
Last week I had to say
good-bye  to my sweet Minnie.
 
She was my Missouri cat. 
There with me during some
difficult times.
 
A part of my life for 21 years!
 

 
 
 
Here she was as a kitten. Rambunctious!
I picked her out of a litter of all black
furry kittens. She was the only cat
up and about, actually stepping
over her siblings. Since she
was so lively, I said "That one!"
 
 
Her liveliness extended into climbing
Christmas trees, too.
 
 
She was just a cat, right?




 
Somehow they are much more than that.
Crossing over from pet to best little buddy.
 
 
and now that she is gone she is missed dearly.
 
(Approx. date .... before I was married: 2002)
 
But what a blessing to have had her
for so long! Do kitties go to Heaven?
 
If so, I'll see you later Minnie Binnie.
 

7 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry for your loss, Jill. Pets are so special. My pup just turned 15 and unfortunately, has a few cancerous growths on her body. I know her time will come soon, but it will be a tough day. I've had her since she was 4 months old. She has been part of my life for half my life! All kitties and puppies go to heaven. They're too sweet not to!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

She looks like a sweetheart. 21 years is an amazingly long time. Can't imagine how it must ache after having been together those years. What a neat, neat memories :)

Daniela said...

I'm sure that Kitties go to Heaven, since they're Angels on earth !!!

I'm with you with my heart and with my thoughts, I know how you feel, sweet friend, yours is really a great loss ...

...Praying for you

XO Daniela

Victoria said...

Awww, I'm so sorry Jillian! I'm afraid to get a pet because of this reason. How wonderful that you had her for so long though! HUGS!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Thank you, Melissa! Yes, very difficut but so happy to have had all of those years! May you be able keep enjoying your pup a little longer.

Cynthia said...

So very sorry about your sweet kitty-girl. It's so hard to lose our companions, I don't think we're ever ready, even when they live to a ripe age. I really sympathize with you Jillian. Still think about all of my kitties who are gone, and I pray that they're happy in heaven, and maybe someday I'll see them again.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Oh, I hate hearing about pets passing on...this is the second one I heard of this week. So sorry for your sweet kitty and you and your family. It is a huge loss, especially after having her for so long. ((Sigh)) ((Hugs))